Friday, April 2, 2010

A Very Merry UnBirthday To You.....(Yes, You!)

I have always adored the story of Alice in Wonderland in fact its my all time favorite story! I always wanted to live in that picturesque world of imagination as it is that. If you happen to have ever read this beautiful story as it is told by Lewis Carroll Titled Alice's Adventures In Wonderland.


And the Sequel Through the Looking-Glass And What Alice Found There


You would completely agree....
As some of you know I turned 30 this year! And the fluke of it was The new Tim Burton Directed Alice in Wonderland

Premiered in theaters on my birthday!
yes the same year I turned 30!
Of course I went and saw it!
but I wont spoil it if you haven't seen it yet!
But I will say this movie Spoke to me and left me in tears at the end with someone pointing out that this movie was made for you!

I connected to this story more then I have with anything else! If you have ever read the Lewis Carroll books you would know its about a child's imagination and there ability to explore! but the underlying message is to follow your dreams and your heart!
As the Poem says in the end of Through the looking Glass

A boat, beneath a sunny sky
Lingering onward dreamily
In an evening of July -

Children three that nestle near,
Eager eye and willing ear,
Pleased a simple tale to hear -

Long has paled that sunny sky:
Echoes fade and memories die:
Autumn frosts have slain July.

Still she haunts me, phantomwise,
Alice moving under skies
Never seen by waking eyes.

Children yet, the tale to hear,
Eager eye and willing ear,
Lovingly shall nestle near.

In a Wonderland they lie,
Dreaming as the days go by,
Dreaming as the summers die:

Ever drifting down the stream -
Lingering in the golden gleam -
Life, what is it but a dream?

And after that day my life did change. Where will it take me?

Child of the pure unclouded brow


Child of the pure unclouded brow
And dreaming eyes of wonder!
Though time be fleet, and I and thou
Are half a life asunder,
Thy loving smile will surely hail
The love-gift of a fairy tale.

I have not seen thy sunny face,
Nor heard thy silver laughter;
No thought of me shall find a place
In thy young life's hereafter -
Enough that now thou wilt not fail
To listen to my fairy-tale.

A tale begun in other days,
When summer suns were glowing -
A simple chime, that served to time
The rhythm of our rowing -
Whose echoes live in memory yet,
Though envious years would say "forget".

Come hearken then, ere voice of dread,
With bitter tidings laden,
Shall summon to unwelcome bed
A melancholy maiden!
We are but older children, dear,
Who fret to find our bed time near.

Without, the frost, the blinding snow,
The storm-wind's moody madness -
Within, the firelight's ruddy glow,
And childhood's nest of gladness.
The magic worlds shall hold thee fast:
Thou shalt not heed the raving blast.

And though the shadow of a sigh
May tremble through the story,
For "happy summer days" gone by,
And vanish'd summer glory -
It shall not touch with breath of bale
The pleasence of our fairy-tale.
-Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass




So with that said......
Some Alice in Wonderland Inspired things.....
First!
Makeup...

Urban Decay put out a Alice in Wonderland inspired eyeshadow pallet




I really enjoy the Mushroom, Midnight Tea Party, Mad Hatter, Drink me Eat me, Vorpal, Muchness, Wonderland, Pretty much almost all of the colors......


Now On to The Jewels....
(this I'm excited about)

I came across this during a recent search
and I'm glad I did


designed a jewelry line based around Alice in wonderland
and here it is.....


branch ring

925 Silver


Cameo
925 Silver, Plastic



Drink me Ring
Freshwater Pearls, Plastic
LOVE LOVE LOVE this











Orchid ring, plastic




11234.jpg image by bringmeedelweiss
Hyacinth ring 925 Silver, Plastic, Strawberry Quartz


All of her work is custom and is considered non functional contemporary art!
she is based out of Denmark.

on to the next............
So as some may know Disney has a couture line of Jewelry out.....
But ....
A Jewelry Designer by the name Of Tom Binns released a line of jewels to co-inside with the release date of Alice in Wonderland.....
his designers are breath taking!!!





Long Key Hole Necklace



Key Hole Earrings

Through the Key Hole Ring




Keys and Keyhole Necklace



All Hearts Necklace






All Hearts Earrings





And....
My Favorite Smashing time Necklace.....
and Q-pot also designed some things for disney
Unfortunetly there online shop I believe it is in japanese
so not available for purchase in the U.S

But! none the less I found that they are DEF. worth sharing


Hair Ribbon Ring





Eat me Necklace



Mad Hatter Tea Cup and Charms





Tea Cup Necklace(love this)


Spilled Pot (loves these As well)


Happy UnBirthday



Well thats all folks I cant believe I stayed up this late typing this all out but its about time!
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment